AKA the most sacred day of the whole year.
Galentine's Day is February 13th and is ladies celebrating ladies. It's about the importance of female empowerment and friendships. Plus, it helps that Galentine's Day was started by Leslie Knope from "Parks and Rec".
The Sick Chick Network is basically an everyday celebration of Galentine's Day. I have so many strong and amazing girl friends, some of them I've met through this network. I'm so appreciative for the wonderful community we've been able to form.
Here are some ideas on ways to celebrate!
- Have a "Parks and Rec" marathon with your girl friends!
- Bake! Chocolate is always the answer. So are waffles and milkshakes. Oh and cookies. And cupcakes. Basically dessert.
- Dance and sing to Taylor Swift at the top of your lungs like you're feeling 22
- Watch girl power movies here are some examples - "Legally Blonde", "The Heat", "Sisters", "Miss Congeniality"
- Watch violent movies (you'd be surprised how good for the soul these are approaching Valentine's Day)
- Get some little gifts to show appreciation for your friends, this is one of my favorite gift stores
In the immortal words of Leslie Knope, "Uteruses before duderuses." Happy Galentine's Day!