So, as you know I've been in the hospital (getting out tomorrow!!), this is not my first rodeo though, and I've picked up some tips and tricks along the way. I thought it would be good to share some, after all sharing is caring. I hope you never have to use them, but just in case...
1. Bring your own pillows and blankets from home
· it’ll make you feel much more comfortable
2. Bring your medication list
· this just saves time
3. Bring a bag of your medication from home
· pharmacy doesn’t always have your exact medication , so it’s safer to bring your own so pharmacy can dispense it
4. Bring your own toothbrush, face wash, etc.
· yes, the hospital does have this stuff, but it isn’t as nice as your own. also I’d recommend bringing face towels, yes the hospital has some, but they’re, well, exfoliating…
5. Don’t trust the hospital food
· just don’t do it
6. If you can – try to bring treats to your nurses
· yes, it’s bribery, no we aren’t above bribery
7. If there’s a nurse you particularly connect with don’t be afraid to ask for him/her again
· your nurse is with you the most, and make all of the difference
8. FUZZY SOCKS
· hospital floors are disgusting
9. You’re in the hospital so treat yo’ self
· whether it’s food, clothes, movies
10. You’re never too old for stuffed animals
· I’m 16 and I have 2 here with me, one is Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc. #NoShame
11. Have friends come visit
· you’d be surprised how far friends are willing to come to see you
12. Don’t look in mirrors
· it’s a hospital no one looks their best, it’s okay just accept it, and take a lot of ugly selfies
13. Laughter is the best medicine
· it’s even better than pain meds
14. Don’t wear the hospital gown
· no one wants to see your butt, just bring cozy pajamas.
15. Know when to lie
· there are certain things you have to do to get out of the hospital (peeing, pooping, the works) sometimes you just can’t do those things in a timely manner and that’s what is keeping you from being discharged, so just lie.
16. Stick to your guns
· You know your body, so fight for what you feel/know is right for you.
I'm sure you all have some as well, please share them in the comments below. I want to hear what you guys have to say!